Step 1: The Bible Timeline: The Story of Salvation
This is the foundational study in The Great Adventure Bible Study Series that has helped hundreds of thousands of Catholics learn to read the Bible.
The Bible Timeline is a fascinating study that takes participants on a journey through the entire Bible. They will go deep into each period of salvation history and discover the amazing story woven throughout all of Scripture. Using a unique color-coded system, they will learn the major people, places, and events of the Bible and see how they all come together to reveal the remarkable story of our faith. The Bible Timeline has been granted the Imprimatur.
Central to The Great Adventure is The Bible Timeline Chart: a simple, color-coded timeline of Bible history. It divides the entire timeline into 12 color-coded periods and then focuses on 14 books that tell the story in chronological order.
Key people and events that advance the story are highlighted so that the newcomer isn’t overwhelmed with too much at once. The Bible Timeline Chart and Bookmark show at a glance where every book of the Bible fits into the overall narrative context.
Your Group Will:
- Read 14 narrative books of the Bible and discover the amazing story woven throughout Scripture
- Learn how the key people, places, and events in the Bible fit together to reveal Godís plan for humanity
- Study the Bible from a Catholic perspective and see how our faith is rooted in Sacred Scripture
- See how the events in the Old Testament are fulfilled in the New Testament by Christ and the Church
- Gain a greater appreciation for the Scripture readings you hear during Mass
- See how God reveals himself to us through Scripture and learn how God's Word applies to your life today
- Develop a life-long hunger for knowing God in his word and lay a strong foundation for further Bible reading and study
Reading assignments and study questions are completed before participants come together. This way students have already worked through Scripture on their own.
Small Group Discussion
Participants have the opportunity to answer questions and share insights in a small group format.