This edition uses the Revised Standard Bible, Second Catholic Edition (Ignatius Bible), of the complete text of Sacred Scriptures, Old and New Testaments. The Didache Bible also includes numerous apologetical inserts to assist the reader in understanding the Church's teachings on current issues. After publishing the books of The Didache Series, Midwest Theological Forum set out to fill a need for a Catholic edition of Sacred Scripture with explanatory and apologetical commentaries based on the Catechism of the Catholic Church. The publication of the Didache Bible, based on these principles, fulfills the desire of Pope St. John Paul II as expressed in his Apostolic Constitution Fidei Depositum: The Catechism of the Catholic Church . . . is a statement of the Church's faith and of catholic doctrine, attested to or illumined by Sacred Scripture, the Apostolic Tradition and the Church's Magisterium. I declare it to be a sure norm for teaching the faith. (no. IV) The Didache Bible is a valuable resource for students and those participating in Scripture studies. Ideal for anyone seeking a deeper understanding of the Catholic faith and intended to be accessible by all Catholics in its level of scriptural scholarship. It uses the New American Bible, Revised Edition translation.
- Leather Bound.
- Features 27 full-color biblical maps, including the journeys of Jesus Christ.
- More than 100 apologetical explanations that help to answer common questions about the faith.
- Includes a comprehensive, 43-page glossary and a topical index.
- The font size for the text of Scripture is 9.5 points which is comparable to the font size used in most business letters.
- The font size for the text of commentary is 8.5 points.